The Northern Ireland Executive have confirmed the following relaxations which are made in the expectation of all relevant public health advice being followed. From tomorrow, July 24:
- The maximum number of people who can gather in a residential setting will increase from six to 10, with a requirement that they come from no more than four different households and an expectation that social distancing and other public health advice is observed;
- Overnight stays in a different household will be enabled;
- Community centres and halls will be enabled to reopen;
- Spectators will be enabled to attend outdoor competitive games with numbers to be determined by the venue in line with public health advice;
- Swimming pools in leisure centres, hotels and private facilities will be enabled to open;
- Wet treatments in spas, such as saunas, steam rooms and hydrotherapy pools will be permitted to resume;
- Bowling alleys will be enabled to reopen;
- Indoor and outdoor funfairs will be enabled to reopen.
The Executive has also agreed an indicative date of August 10 for the reopening of indoor pubs and bars selling only drink (wet pubs). This relaxation will be ratified in advance of the indicative date depending on the prevailing Covid-19 situation at that time.